Yoga teachers and mental health professionals, add on to the knowledge you gained in part 1. Delve into both eastern and western aspects of depression and anxiety, and how their interface can create mental and emotional well-being. Included is discussion of:
• Sympathetic (fight or flight) and parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous systems.
• Allostatic loads and how they contribute to depression and anxiety.
• The effect of yoga on heart rate variability, which is a marker of parasympathetic tone.
• The role of the vagus nerves and which yoga practices stimulate them for optimum functioning.
• The philosophical aspects of yoga as tools for healing anxiety and depression.
• How yoga practice balances the nervous system – pranayama, asana, involvement of the chakras, and the liver, kidney, heart and lung meridians.
• Which breaths and asanas to practice for anxiety and which to practice for depression.
• Meeting the mind and body where they are.
• Designing a practice for depression, designing a practice for anxiety.
This lecture and discussion-based workshop is suitable for yoga teachers, teachers in training, and other professionals seeking to deepen their knowledge of easing depression and anxiety. An electronic booklet about how to practice yoga to help manage moods is included. 2.5 Yoga Alliance CEU credits are available for RYTs.
February 24, 2018
Add to Calendar
Yoga for Depression and Anxiety for Professionals (Part 2) with Liz Owen
Yoga teachers and mental health professionals, add on to the knowledge you gained in part 1. Delve into both eastern and western aspects of depression and... More info at www.gulfmainmagazine.com/events/133214/yoga-for-depression-and-anxiety-for-professionals-part-2-with-liz-owen
Yoga Bird Studio 1400 Colonial Blvd. Unit 61, Fort Myers, FL 33907